Lost or Found Animals
If you have lost your pet:
- Come to the Tri-City Animal Shelter and Adoption Center immediately at 1150 East Pleasant Run Road If you need further directions please call us at 972-291-5335.
- Inform your neighbors that your pet is missing.
- Bring a picture of your pet to the shelter and fill out a lost report. We only hold lost reports for 10 days and extend the duration each time an owner comes in to check on a missing pet. Even with a lost report it is still very important to do a shelter walk-through at least every other day!
- Check the shelter every day to see if your pet has been brought in.
- Check other sites such as Craigslist, Pets 911, Facebook and Petfinder.
- Check all local shelters. We can never predict in what direction our missing pets are headed.
- Call us once you find your pet so that we can updated your lost report as found.
- We microchip for only $25 and will register the chip at time of service.
If you have found a pet within Duncanville, DeSoto, or Cedar Hill and would like it to be picked up, contact animal control at (972) 223-6111. You may also bring the pet to the Tri-City Animal and Adoption Center during the the following hours:
- Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
If you would prefer to keep the pet in your home and search for the owner, please bring the animal to the shelter and have it scanned for a microchip, check the lost reports and file a found report. We will happily scan and check for a microchip for found pets outside our jurisdiction.
Other Shelters In Area
- Red Oak Animal Services
- Glenn Heights Animal Services
- Midlothian Animal Services
- Grand Prairie;s Prairie Paws
- SPCA of Ellis County
- Dallas Animal Services
- Waxahachie Animal Shelter
- Lancaster Animal Shelter
- Ovilla Animal Services
- Tyler Animal Services
- Always keep current identification on your pet.
- Do not assume your pet will come home on its own - report your lost pet immediately.
- Introduce your pet to your neighbors so they are familiar with it.
- Keep a current picture of your pet at home.